Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 05:25 AM   #1
SFM-SharkTales

Spearo shoots cobia off hungry bull sharks!

https://youtu.be/J2xP7lloNY4

SPEARO SHOOTS COBIA OFF HUNGRY BULL SHARKS!
John said our dives yesterday were challenging... haha so true...We had poor vizibility, 5 different species of #sharks NOT MAKING IT EASY on us the whole dives. Fishing boats yelling at us... #smh ...I had one #bullshark try to take my #lionfish bag that had the #cobia in it...They surrounded us & followed us the whole dive. We counted 19 total 🦈sharks including the #hammerheadshark that came in to check us out also, but there may of been more learking where they could see us but we could not see them😕

There are very few spearfishing women & men out there that can do what we do in THESE CONDITIONS! We give them much #respect & the #freedivers as well out there #sportfishing . We use dive equipment (#scuba #dpv aka #scooters #spearguns with reels #diveknifes #diveradio, etc) to help make each dive #safe and most important is our #teamwork underwater together. Our #chemistry under water is a sight to see! Here is the link to the our full video https://youtu.be/J2xP7lloNY4
John & his #mermaid diving with sharks & so much more involved to get fish in the #fishcooler

Enjoy!
Old 05-11-2018, 05:43 AM   #2
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Re: Spearo shoots cobia off hungry bull sharks!

Maybe if you didn't lose so many fish to sharks on other occasions you wouldn't have this problem with the sharks following you around. It seems like they know you very well and they're waiting for their usual feeding
Old 05-11-2018, 06:13 AM   #3
SFM-SharkTales

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-oh View Post
Maybe if you didn't lose so many fish to sharks on other occasions you wouldn't have this problem with the sharks following you around. It seems like they know you very well and they're waiting for their usual feeding
Well Good Morning Steve

I am beginning to think you are MERMAID stalker!

Enjoy the videos & have a great weekend
Old 05-11-2018, 06:18 AM   #4
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-oh View Post
Wow
Old 05-11-2018, 07:03 AM   #5
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Awesome positive response mermaid. Maybe I am a mermaid stalker. LOL just kidding I'll lay off. Sorry
Old 05-13-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
oto_gc
I like diving

nice one!
Old 05-14-2018, 06:40 AM   #7
SFM-SharkTales

Awesome thanks for watching!
Old 05-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #8
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

GJ, that went pretty smooth. The sharks have been terrible lately here in Jupiter. I have never been hounded by them like I was on opening day of grouper.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:54 AM   #9
SFM-SharkTales

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEA_ARCHER View Post
GJ, that went pretty smooth. The sharks have been terrible lately here in Jupiter. I have never been hounded by them like I was on opening day of grouper.
Seems to be worse each dive & day! I think there are at least 4-5 shark feeding boats in Jupiter...
Old 05-19-2018, 05:11 AM   #10
diverlen

Let's get rid of the shark feeders, this type of activity only benefits a very small portion of the diving community.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:15 AM   #11
SEA_ARCHER
The Ocean is Calling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFM-SharkTales View Post
Seems to be worse each dive & day! I think there are at least 4-5 shark feeding boats in Jupiter...
Cant really have it both ways....
Old 05-19-2018, 09:52 AM   #12
SFM-SharkTales

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverlen View Post
Let's get rid of the shark feeders, this type of activity only benefits a very small portion of the diving community.

Hey Thanks for watching!

Actually a large amount of the dive community (scuba, free dive, snorkelers, bubble watchers) use shark (feeding, baiting) dive boats.... lots & lots of photographers and people all around the world come to see sharks in Jupiter, Florida and the Bahamas.. Jupiter you can see so many species, I think up to 7 sometimes. Our Youtube channel has videos of the species seen here... We LOVE JUPITER~FLORIDA DIVING!!

Myself (SFM) have mixed emotions about it for several reasons. FYI: We do not feed sharks in our videos... (on purpose) but since we spearfish, it sometimes happens when it is out of control. I have not met a spearfishing person that has not lost a fish to a shark or Goliath. Knock on wood... I have not lost one yet to a Goliath Grouper....but they try & this mermaid has only lost one fish to sharks (& that loss was my fault 100%)

Click Subscribe to see more of our UW adventures videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLb...view_as=public
Old 05-19-2018, 09:58 PM   #13
jfjf

Quote:
Hey Thanks for watching!

Actually a large amount of the dive community (scuba, free dive, snorkelers, bubble watchers) use shark (feeding, baiting) dive boats.... lots & lots of photographers and people all around the world come to see sharks in Jupiter, Florida and the Bahamas.. Jupiter you can see so many species, I think up to 7 sometimes. Our Youtube channel has videos of the species seen here... We LOVE JUPITER~FLORIDA DIVING!!

Myself (SFM) have mixed emotions about it for several reasons. FYI: We do not feed sharks in our videos... (on purpose) but since we spearfish, it sometimes happens when it is out of control. I have not met a spearfishing person that has not lost a fish to a shark or Goliath. Knock on wood... I have not lost one yet to a Goliath Grouper....but they try & this mermaid has only lost one fish to sharks (& that loss was my fault 100%)

Click Subscribe to see more of our UW adventures videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLb...view_as=public

I'm confused, in this thread, which you posted TODAY, you show a video of hammerhead(s) being fed, You show the shark eating? When you say "we do not feed sharks in our videos" what do you mean?

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=196685
Old 05-19-2018, 10:56 PM   #14
SFM-SharkTales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
I'm confused, in this thread, which you posted TODAY, you show a video of hammerhead(s) being fed, You show the shark eating? When you say "we do not feed sharks in our videos" what do you mean?

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=196685

I mean exactly what I said. Sorry you are confused.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:01 AM   #15
jfjf

Quote:
I mean exactly what I said. Sorry you are confused.
Ok so who is feeding the sharks in the video?
Closed Thread