Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #16
ldsanta

Re: Burliest gloves?

The new pathos gloves are awesome. Contact petros about them
ldsanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:23 AM   #17
rootsman
Jeff

I recently received a pair of the upgraded Mako gloves with the covered stitching. I haven't had a chance to get them in the water yet, but my initial impression is that the latex should solve the problems with abrasion and stitches pulling. These may well be the answer if you are really hard on your gear like I am. I'll reserve full judgement until I've had them out half a dozen times, but so far I really like what I see.

I'd also like to give a shout-out to Dano for taking the time to contact me about my concerns and for sending out a pair of the new gloves to try. I now realize that stories about Mako's customer service weren't exaggerated. Truly a class act.
rootsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #18
jstiver09

Do those Mako gloves have that bulky strap built in? I would be hesitant reaching into holes and cracks for fish or lobster with those. Seems very dangerous. I would also hate having my shooting line constantly snagging on it. I have had a couple times where my watch got stuck in a hole and could have been potentially dangerous. I now am careful not to reach in with my left hand.
jstiver09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 12:05 PM   #19
Shootinfish

myself and 3 other dive buddies own a really nice pair of dive gloves by Mako. They are Kevlar jacketed and have been used from open water to wreck/reef diving and lobstering/scalloping. They have been very much used and abused in rocks and reaching in to holes and are still going strong when they shouldn't be. Never once had a problem with hang ups or getting the straps tangled on shooting lines. What interested me more than them being Kevlar jacketed was the fact that they were made of yamamoto neoprene. This allowed me to have the warmth of a 5mm glove but in a 3mm thickness. overall, great glove IMOP.