Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
rootsman
Jeff

A question for AB Biller owners...

While finishing up a dive the other day I unloaded my Biller and noticed that the slip ring (a.k.a. stop ring) was missing from the spear. The spear tip was still attached, neither of the two tabs at the rear of the shaft were missing or deformed, and the slide spring was intact; but the steel slip ring had disappeared from between them all. It must have cracked and fallen away. I had coincidentally replaced that specific part a little over a year ago when a speartip came loose and it slid off. I'm sure it was present earlier that day, but catastrophic failure so soon seems odd to me.

Has this happened to any other Biller shooters? Does it happen often? Should I just buy half a dozen when I replace this one?

Last edited by rootsman; 08-05-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: clarity
rootsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
humpinit

Re: A question for AB Biller owners...

I had it happen on a jbl. I think it hit the tabs on the shaft so hard so many times it just shattered.
humpinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
100days-a-year
Seafood Sifu

Re: A question for AB Biller owners...

They look pretty fragile,I've never really liked them and rarely keep them.I have had some slide rings stick as a result but try to buy the tightest fitting I can find.
100days-a-year is offline   Reply With Quote