Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Texas Gulf Coast

Texas Gulf Coast The Gulf Coast of the great state of Texas all the way from its border with Louisiana to Mexico is represented here

Old 03-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
jetro

Texas Rigs to Reef numbers

Hello Texas, I am looking for some good numbers for Texas rigs and reefs from Galveston to Freeport. Does anyone have a database(excel file etc.) they would be willing to share? I'm not talking about personal reefs but the public ones. I looked at the TPWD site but the format on GPS coordinates is unfamiliar to me. It goes something like this...

What the hell is that? Also with their site you have to pull up individual points instead of a list. Informative but slow. The also have other documents for each Rigs to Reef site that are hard to read and apparently unprintable.
http://tpwd.texas.gov/gis/ris/artificialreefs/

Please help
jetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #2
txkingfisher

Re: Texas Rigs to Reef numbers

Just convert the decimal to minutes and decimal or minutes and seconds. Whatever input you use on your gas. If you don't know how to do this just Google gps coordinate converter.

Also make due you are using the same chat data for your waypoints and gps. WGS84 and NAD27 are quite different. Not to mention the other less common datums.

Last edited by txkingfisher; 03-21-2015 at 02:35 AM.
txkingfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
adriangarz1206

Re: Texas Rigs to Reef numbers

Texas parks and wildlife will be your best and most updated info,.here is a link to convert the cordinates

//www.gps-coordinates.net/gps-coordinates-converter
adriangarz1206 is offline   Reply With Quote