Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:02 PM   #1
Chum_Bucket

Just visiting

Headed back out to visit family in Hobe Sound in March and was hoping to either meet with another diver. Get some recommendations on any free dive charters. Looking to improve on last years shore dive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452819634.363868.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	223576
Chum_Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
Moondogie
One Breath, One Kill

Re: Just visiting

Where you coming from?

I've got a friend from Boston coming down first weekend in March and we will likely do a killshot charter. Not sure exactly what date yet. If you're around then, you're welcome to join us so long as you follow the one fish at a time rule when we are hunting cobia with bulls.

March will be very sharky.

Beach diving is usually more productive between Ft. Pierce and Vero, but odds of us having good vis near shore at that time are low.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:32 AM   #3
Chum_Bucket

The dates are the 22-30th. I'm will to adhere to anything as this will be my first trip dealing with bull sharks. I'm from Northern California. About an hour north of Bodega Bay. We only have Great white tax collectors here. It's amazing to me when charters won't go out over 3' swell. Average here is 4-7'. Please keep me posted if the timing works out.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #4
Moondogie
One Breath, One Kill

My buddy may be making a second trip, or moving his trip if weather gets bad. So there's a fair chance. PM me to remind me as the time gets near.

I've hunted Big Sur and Monterey. I was much more afraid of sharks there than I am here.
Old 01-21-2016, 04:44 AM   #5
Mookieo2

I'm visiting my mother in Satellite beach March 18-24 I may be interested in getting in on a trip or shore dive. I have a car so I don't mind traveling an hour or so to get a decent day of diving in.
Mookieo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:10 PM   #6
Chum_Bucket

Just Bumping this post as it is only a week out!! Thanks for reading