Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 01-18-2020, 02:53 PM   #1
Ramon
Ramon

Smile Red Tuna waits 20 meters away

Hello guys, I wanted to share this video with you. They are specific cases, making a wait, this red Tuna came in and I shot it
but not everything went well because the line was loose on the reel, the tension of the power force of this colossus was torn.

I waited for Dentones and a giant appeared, then I saw another when I returned to the shore.

I use a claim but only to draw attention to fish outside my field of vision, as the Servioli work if they are far from nothing else
if they are close not to use. http://www.spearboard.com/showthread...ghlight=rattle

Things don't always go the way you want.

The Salvimar reel has a fault in the axis that makes the thread slip and the tension of the fish made possible the failure
is removed by its bad design thrown in the trash, I will put an Ermessub Falco 55 in its place.

Watch full screen

The tires also carried them in the rifle of 115 and were old, they were worn, for that reason the rod did not cross the fish

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título2.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	244792   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2020-01-17 at 08.47.30.jpeg
Views:	156
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	244793  

Last edited by Ramon; 01-18-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:25 AM   #2
Behslayer

Re: Red Tuna waits 20 meters away

That Sucks. That was a real nice Fish. Definitely would have been the best fish I ever speared off the Reef. The reason you lost that fish may have been that the diameter of the line is too thin. It buried and that put the stress on the Reel. For those kind of fish thicker line is better. You should try an Ulusub Bluewater Reel with Ulusub 2.2mm Monocore Dyneema line. That will give you 100yds of thick line. I've landed Tuna using that Reel including some Battles.

Some would say a Reel wasn't the right tool for that job, but I understand you were hunting the Reef when it passed by and anyone would take that shot.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:27 AM   #3
Timinator

Yep, we'd all take that shot, but we all know using a reel isn't the best option. Was a great video and fish, still be stoked and proud.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:58 AM   #4
Ramon
Ramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
That Sucks. That was a real nice Fish. Definitely would have been the best fish I ever speared off the Reef. The reason you lost that fish may have been that the diameter of the line is too thin. It buried and that put the stress on the Reel. For those kind of fish thicker line is better. You should try an Ulusub Bluewater Reel with Ulusub 2.2mm Monocore Dyneema line. That will give you 100yds of thick line. I've landed Tuna using that Reel including some Battles.

Some would say a Reel wasn't the right tool for that job, but I understand you were hunting the Reef when it passed by and anyone would take that shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
Yep, we'd all take that shot, but we all know using a reel isn't the best option. Was a great video and fish, still be stoked and proud.
Thanks for the comments, I actually fish all-terrain form with all the techniques that I have developed over 47 years that today many used to use my shadow and you can never go for a catch of a particular fish.

Years ago I had a boat and if I had everything I needed, but the Fishing Laws in National Spain and Autonomies changed making it more difficult to catch more kilos with species bans as well as limitations on weights of fish quotas.

Because my fishing is on foot leaving shore and with buoy.

These fish now in Winter approach the shore in search of easy food and I was looking for serviolas or dentons, but the giant appeared and I thought it would dominate the situation, but it was not so.

The thread was correct because it has always worked but this SALVIMAR reel that I had when I was advertising that brand, I put it quickly and poorly wound not well compacted, so if you slow down slowly to stretch the fish is buried in the skein.
I had finished making this Teak rifle of 90 for Winter and I say the rush is bad counselors.

If I hold the thread of pure Dineema the last push the fish took off the rod and tore the meat is because it is a good elction, but not that of the single support reel.

I made a serious mistake Mr. Mario Patruno owner of ERMESUB sent me the good reel that I use in other rifles has a ball clutch that makes the braking smoother.

I can not use larger reels with thicker threads, because my fishing is lighter the rifles weigh little and I need buoyancy in them.

The photo rifle is an Italian Roller Inverter the reel is an ERMESUB Falco the thread if it is pure 1'8 mm dyneema.

Thank you for your opinions, I expect more opinions to share errors and improvements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	82457430_216893265999625_8507163395315728384_n.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	244797  

Last edited by Ramon; 01-20-2020 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:49 PM   #5
renepotvin

wow

I also fish on reef and use reels. I cross my fingers every time I have to use it.

You would never had time to use a belt reel unless it was already tied to your gun. This would have been a great time to have a slip tip lol.

Http://www.renepotvin.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/potvinr
Do subscribe, i'll subscribe back
renepotvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:15 AM   #6
Behslayer

Ramon, the Ulusub Bluewater Reel is 2.3oz of Weight in the Water. With a wooden gun should be fine.

http://www.ulusub.com/reels-and-lines/ulusub-reels

The dilemma is that you want a lot of line, but if the line is too thin, it can bury in the spool, then the reel starts wobbling, and next you have that problem. The other thing is that with Tuna like that it's harder to pull them in by a thin line.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:21 AM   #7
Ramon
Ramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by renepotvin View Post
wow
I also fish on reef and use reels. I cross my fingers every time I have to use it.
You would never had time to use a belt reel unless it was already tied to your gun. This would have been a great time to have a slip tip lol.
jajaajjejaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
Ramon, the Ulusub Bluewater Reel is 2.3oz of Weight in the Water. With a wooden gun should be fine.

http://www.ulusub.com/reels-and-lines/ulusub-reels

The dilemma is that you want a lot of line, but if the line is too thin, it can bury in the spool, then the reel starts wobbling, and next you have that problem. The other thing is that with Tuna like that it's harder to pull them in by a thin line.
I understand your point and you want to help, but I do not go directly to Tuna are sporadic casual encounters.
If I have the opportunity to shoot and derle in a good place
Don't let me refuse to do it.
Salvimar's test reel is already in the trash.🚮
My way of fishing is all terrain and in Mallorca we have to adapt to winter, spring, summer and autumn fishing.

They are different bottoms Summer deep fishing and different big fish.

The reel is ERMESUB 57 Falco with brake clutch and does not fail
the one I put for Winter test was a Salvimar shaft too
Long with only one support.

But thanks for the advice and help.

Old 01-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #8
dctrjayyy

you already know it, the short of it is that you were under-gunned. even if your reel didn't fail, your chances of landing that fish were low. the spear doesn't look like it made it very far into the fish either. not enough power.

i understand it is hard not to take the shot but it was a low probability of landing.
dctrjayyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:01 PM   #9
Ramon
Ramon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctrjayyy View Post
you already know it, the short of it is that you were under-gunned. even if your reel didn't fail, your chances of landing that fish were low. the spear doesn't look like it made it very far into the fish either. not enough power.

i understand it is hard not to take the shot but it was a low probability of landing.
It's not about the shotgun, it's about hitting him in the right place for his death, doubt for a few thousandths of a second and don't guess where his death is, the shot wasn't bad, a good spot a few inches below his spine, that's why he broke his bladder Swimming
The fish was touched, it came out horizontally upwards, I don't look for bottom as they usually do.

But hey, with a 0'90 rifle of useful rail and rubber from the Summer, I don't go through that, it's true.

Thank you for your comment