Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Old 09-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
smellsfishy

Question New York State Marine License

So it seems there's a new "Recreational Marine Fishing License" for saltwater fishing in New York State as of Oct 1 2009. I'm assuming this is required for spearfishermen as well. Correct ?

http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/54950.html

[Note: there is pending legislation that may delay the effective date of the implementation of the recreational marine fishing license until January 1, 2010.]
smellsfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
smellsfishy

Re: New York State Marine License

Nobody knows anything about this ?
Old 09-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
HuntorDie
Weapon of BassDestruction

Yes as of Oct 1st you are going to need the license. $10 fee per season $150 lifetime fee.
Its only going to increase so its worth it for the lifetime if you plan to stay here. Its not like the illegals are going to get their license anyway, let alone pay a ticket for it.
I feel safe now knowing 10 more dollars of my hard earned money is going to a good cause aka buying prostitutes and jewelry for mistresses of our politicians
HuntorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
railgun
Registered abuser

Send a message via Skype™ to railgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntorDie View Post
Yes as of Oct 1st you are going to need the license. $10 fee per season $150 lifetime fee.
Its only going to increase so its worth it for the lifetime if you plan to stay here. Its not like the illegals are going to get their license anyway, let alone pay a ticket for it.
I feel safe now knowing 10 more dollars of my hard earned money is going to a good cause aka buying prostitutes and jewelry for mistresses of our politicians
yeah I hear ya on the illegal's, they wont ever get one. all my spots I used to fish R & R are full of em now, they take everything that will fit in a pan. Now I show up with my fly rod and back cast in their face I don't mind paying I just hope they enforce it..
railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
smellsfishy

I ordered mine yesterday. I tried a bait shop last week but they didn't have any or even know if they were finalized. I tried ordering it online yesterday but the licenses weren't available yet. Finally I was able to order it over the phone. What can I say NY State sucks.

I can't imagine this $10 is gonna cover much enforcement. But hopefully they will be able to get a better handle on things.