Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest Tell us about hunting in the PNW here!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
North Star
Max

Re: Haystack Rock, Pacific City

Laurance - Great writeup and tips. I have never been comfortable with kelp clips; I know a lot of guys use them, but I have also heard a lot of stories about guys having to chase yaks down too. And if they get too far away, and you are too far out with an adverse current, that can be fatal.

For that reason I always anchor my yak to the bottom. It is more of a hassle, but the yak is always there when you look up, and if it does drag, it never goes far before it catches again. I prefer safety over convenience.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #17
No I'm Josh
Sculpin Slayer

Laurance and Clayton thanks very much for your generosity in sharing with us guys not so familiar with the area. Much appreciated.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #18
AndrewBurnett

I drove by PC on the 26th. Wish I knew you guys were there. I am thinking about getting a 10 roll up inflatable to go with a 6 hp johnson I have. Haystack and Cape lookout are both great spots, but hard to access unless you go off the beach. I saw about 6-8 freedivers at the south jetty on Sunday. Were any of you guys there - the conditions looked pretty good from the surface - I was line fishing with my grandsons? Laurance, please let me know the next time you are going out. The only diving I have done in the last year was in St. John, usvi.
AndrewBurnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #19
Devildiver
Casey H.

Send a message via Yahoo to Devildiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBurnett View Post
I drove by PC on the 26th. Wish I knew you guys were there. I am thinking about getting a 10 roll up inflatable to go with a 6 hp johnson I have. Haystack and Cape lookout are both great spots, but hard to access unless you go off the beach. I saw about 6-8 freedivers at the south jetty on Sunday. Were any of you guys there - the conditions looked pretty good from the surface - I was line fishing with my grandsons? Laurance, please let me know the next time you are going out. The only diving I have done in the last year was in St. John, usvi.
These guys?

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=142477
Devildiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
Udelld

Great reports Lewis and Laurance. Haystack rock was an awesome dive I'm not going to forget anytime soon. Sorry about the pics but I can't get them off my old phone. Yeah I dumped Laurance in by accident, lost my dive knife and tipped myself over several times but other than that it was a great trip. And it was nice to meet some other spearos Clayton and Steve.
Udelld is offline   Reply With Quote