Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Technical Spearfishing

Technical Spearfishing Technical Scuba diving is generally defined as going deeper than 130 feet. You must have the proper training for this extreme aspect of spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
fsBRONCOrunner
HELLS SPEAROS

stick on rails for omer gun

Anybody have input on stick on rails? I have an omer excalibur sport 75cm. Not a top of the line gun but besides the cheap shaft it works just fine for my type/skill of diving. I have replaced the metal wishbone with the riffe nylon kind and plan on getting a mako shaft real soon. the only thing I could think of to make it "that much better" is a full length stick on rail, hoping to get just a little more accuracy with longer shots. It seems good up to 8-10 feet of range. Anyone have first hand experience with the rails? Any input would be appreciated. And I plan on getting a nice mako rail gun eventually but for now I want to make due with this one. Thanks!
fsBRONCOrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
DivnSurf

Re: stick on rails for omer gun

Stick on rails work just fine. I use them on 3 pipe guns: 90 and 75 cm Omers and a 75 cm Picasso. All 3 are converted to open muzzle. I wouldn't worry about the long range accuracy on a 75 cm gun though.

Btw you would probably get better response in the guns section.
DivnSurf is offline   Reply With Quote