Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-11-2015, 06:47 PM   #16
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Random Videos

Being a FL flatlander, this what I assumed. I've still no experience and find that situation frightening. My only experience with this is when it doesn't rain for months then a light rain happens. The oil sheen along w/ light rain gets things down right slippery. Nothing like the above though.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #17
kehloken

I agree with meps on the driving, I lived in Michigan until 96 And 75 mile an hour the norm, 65 in the winter. driving a car a pick up truck it's pretty simple all you have to do is turn your wheel into the median and hit on the mercy break, so it's usually like a big huge gradual ditch And all it does is swing the ass end of the car around going down and as coming up to the other side you're fully turned around and it stops. Now you're completely out-of-the-way and you just sit there and laugh and watch everybody just smashing in each other.
The funniest thing is for some reason the trooper always parks way back, and then with all the lights going on they don't really pay attention when they pass the trooper next thing you know they just about knocked the stripper out whatever is talking to on the on the first cars there.
So I had a wrecker business towing, and we have this big hill just south of I 75 on I 23, I would like you just seen with the most awesome. one big one and one little one covers the bill for the shop everything is like 100 hundred 50 grand. That is if there's enough semi's in there because they pay big time. State troopers wanted my lot for the impound yard, and since work with them in the towing and everything always had a great time With them. When the beer trucks rollover they have to dispose of the beer, and they tell us to dispose of the beer. One trooper we had around back and kept them there for a while asking a question and bullshit with him, while a few others completely filled up the car with Budweiser he could barely get in to drive it home.

When they fix that bump in the road down there after serious accidents for 20 ta 30 years
Is when I decided I didn't need to be around there anymore.

So we fabricated are own semi wreckers and our little wreckers, so when you're going up and down the highway there's a car here and there here and there, when you pull them out you make sure that the boom is all the way down so then as I described above but you wouldn't put the emergency brake on because you have four-wheel-drive one ton with a heavy bed in the back and the boom is down and you have all the weight in the back, you hit the medium around 40 Mile an hour, is with automatic transmission So as yours but around and you're coming up to the other side of the freeway because you see a car you just passed You just jam that thing down the low one then hit two and then you hit drive by time you come up to the shoulder And get on the road on the op. cit. way traffic you can fit right in with traffic And go down and go take that suckers money, and get them out as fast as you can so you can go do it again.

And we all know what Carter left bags are right, not only did I buy the underwater ones for lifting up yachts cars bobcat snowmobiles anything that fell in the ice, you also use these big lift bags and you just left the whole semi connected but straps around have the booms up so the truck would slowly go over as the airbags lift up The whole truck and trailer fully loaded.
I can say after seeing that video yeah I miss it, well I go back to help them out hell no, just keep give me the lease money because it ain't worth it to be hanging out in that snow all and cold all winter.
I guess that's why the Puget Sound just isn't that cold man I just got a wetsuit for the most part, dry suit for deep dives or an open boat going far distances.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:50 PM   #18
kehloken

Since we build all them wreckers back then none of those are really around in existence now because of the new diesel motors in the flatbeds, I think there's five brand-new flatbeds now And only two small little wreckers for going out off-road towing. And a few big semi wreckers.

There's a pic of one that went off the side of the road after winter that's really soft and flipped over, but you see there's the carter bags right there.

Name:  heavypic_3.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  24.0 KB
Old 01-11-2015, 09:26 PM   #19
kehloken

Marcus Sorry for the derailment, but this is now put me to the past that I haven't thought about in a very long time, probably one of the reasons why don't never go back to lower Michigan anymore is because of this guy, a few moments before I started this post I said a prayer for Charlie For if it wasn't for Charlie I wouldn't be in the situation I am in this world I met him when I was around 20 he was 30, Charlie had the next towing company South And was kind enough to teach me everything Even though I was competition.
Mostly I go back to the cabin copper harbor Is that what is the mainstay of our place we can ride dirt bikes after we go dive our wrecks in superior.
They don't even really mention the wreck diving just that he was a historical member.

When Charlie visited here he always like the Bunkerhill, it's a tanker that went down in the San Juan Islands, he taught me to be the best deep air diver there is, and he was the best deep air diver there ever was, that is in my book.
http://www.macdonaldsfuneralhome.com...18&fh_id=13263

Okay I had my moment now it's time to get back to my fantastic life.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #20
kehloken

Well got into this YouTube shit, evil Knievel's always been bad ass, I like how the crowd jumped in and put a bunch of Hells Angels in the hospital.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #21
kehloken

Old 01-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #22
Marcus

http://i.imgur.com/Q8d7zmp.webm
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 01-12-2015, 01:29 PM   #23
kehloken

Remember this one from years ago Not the original but you can still hear him at the
Old 01-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #24
kehloken

Some people Just don't have a funny bone

Old 01-14-2015, 08:37 AM   #25
Marcus

WTF?
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7be_1421205519
Old 01-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #26
Marcus

Comb jellie (Cestida)
http://i.imgur.com/voxSmRc.webm
Old 01-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #27
Marcus

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e34_1421468756
Old 01-20-2015, 04:14 PM   #28
Marcus

http://i.imgur.com/NFgHpAd.webm
Old 01-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #29
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Strutting blue grouse get a little bigger than their britches sometimes. I've had them attack my diesel pickup and myself before. Fortunately, they're pretty harmless.

No matter how testosterone-addled they are, they won't have anything to do with a dog, however.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #30
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Strutting blue grouse get a little bigger than their britches sometimes. I've had them attack my diesel pickup and myself before. Fortunately, they're pretty harmless.

No matter how testosterone-addled they are, they won't have anything to do with a dog, however.
You didn't fall on the ground, flailing your arms, and screaming for your daddy?

Unfortunately, this video is real.