Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 01-21-2018, 07:13 PM   #1
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Unhappy This man ate salmon sashimi every day until a tapeworm slithered out of his body

This man ate salmon sashimi every day until a tapeworm slithered out of his body

WASHINGTON POST
21 JAN 2018

http://www.sciencealert.com/fresno-c...salmon-sashimi

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sashimi_tapeworm.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	236596  

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
techwiz44

Re: This man ate salmon sashimi every day until a tapeworm slithered out of his body

so the question is....
will he learn how to grill it first?

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.

Last edited by techwiz44; 01-22-2018 at 12:35 AM.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:05 PM   #3
OBLIGATED

Re: This man ate salmon sashimi every day until a tapeworm slithered out of his body

So if I eat raw Salmon I can lose weight without lifting weights?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
techwiz44

https://gfycat.com/FinePossibleDonkey

Protecting the US borders is LAWFULL- not racist.
Fabricating lies and passing it off as news is dishonest and corrupt and not worthy of protection.
techwiz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:18 PM   #5
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwiz44 View Post
That's a pretty neat trick with the skin. That'd damn sure be good for some snapper skin!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #6
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Damn that looks good.Wife doesnt like fish cooked in the house so I typically grill everything or do a tin foil pouch on the grill.
Grilled salmon with the Montreal steak rub is really good eating.I still eat salmon at the Sushi bar but prefer spicy Tuna rolls.I tried the salmon egg roll and barely got to the bathroom to spit it out.Like biting into fish oil capsules
Old 01-25-2018, 08:22 PM   #7
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Damn that looks good.Wife doesnt like fish cooked in the house so I typically grill everything or do a tin foil pouch on the grill.
Grilled salmon with the Montreal steak rub is really good eating.I still eat salmon at the Sushi bar but prefer spicy Tuna rolls.I tried the salmon egg roll and barely got to the bathroom to spit it out.Like biting into fish oil capsules
I've had the pleasure of eating some fresh Uni just after they unloaded the boat off the coast of CA. A VERY kind captain cracked open a few with his knife and fed us curious onlookers. GOOD stuff, especially fresh!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 01-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
Marcus

Quote:
.I tried the salmon egg roll and barely got to the bathroom to spit it out.Like biting into fish oil capsules
Hmmmm...that brings forth an unpleasant memory. I grew up eating mullet and yellow roe. i had me about 3 pair of breaded/fried dip in ketchup one dinner when i was in the 6 grade. The next day I went to squeak a silent one out and liquefied my drawers w/ oily residue. Slipped right out. The bathroom was attached to the classroom. After raising my hand and making that funny walk to the bathroom, I spent an inordinate amount of time in their cleaning my ass up. I can't remember if I flushed my drawers or put them in the garbage. Anywho, it was the walk of shame back to my seat.

Last edited by Marcus; 01-30-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #9
mepps1

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That's a pretty neat trick with the skin. That'd damn sure be good for some snapper skin!
Quote:
Let me save you all the trouble.

How salmon is done; (Easy and good.)

Step 1.... Throw the spice wrack at it. Montreal steak seasoning, cayenne, Italian seasoning are my personal favorites.

Step 2.... Throw on hot grill skin side up until brown on bottom.

Step 3.... Flip on skin side until skin crisp.

Step 4.... Consume.

Done.

Why don't I have my own cooking show?

I can comfortably outlive the apocalypse as long as the Montreal Steak Seasoning holds out.

Oh. And farmed salmon is for dog food. Unless you like your dogs.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:41 PM   #10
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Hmmmm...that brings forth an unpleasant memory. I grew up eating mullet and yellow roe. i had me about 3 pair of breaded/fried dip in ketchup one dinner when i was in the 3 grade. The next day I went to squeak a silent one out and liquefied my drawers w/ oily residue. Slipped right out. The bathroom was attached to the classroom. After raising my hand and making that funny walk to the bathroom, I spent an inordinate amount of time in their cleaning my ass up. I can't remember if I flushed my drawers or put them in the garbage. Anywho, it was the walk of shame back to my seat.
I love butterflied smoked black mullet.A little crystal sauce and a cold beer on a steamy day by St Marks river was a priceless treat.People would sell Smoked Mullet,cajun boiled shrimp and crawdads and boiled peanuts on the side of road when we lived in the panhandle
I always give the roe to my FIL.He fries it up.I have had caviar at Chart House and loved it.It was the cheap little black eggs that are real salty.Didnt want to try them but after I did I couldnt get enough.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:48 PM   #11
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Let me save you all the trouble.

How salmon is done; (Easy and good.)

Step 1.... Throw the spice wrack at it. Montreal steak seasoning, cayenne, Italian seasoning are my personal favorites.

Step 2.... Throw on hot grill skin side up until brown on bottom.

Step 3.... Flip on skin side until skin crisp.

Step 4.... Consume.

Done.

Why don't I have my own cooking show?

I can comfortably outlive the apocalypse as long as the Montreal Steak Seasoning holds out.

Oh. And farmed salmon is for dog food. Unless you like your dogs.
I buy Montreal seasoning for everything.The Blackened and Brown sugar bourbon are a nice way to mix things up.I buy about 120# of chicken at a time for me,my kids family and the in-laws.If you dont change things up it gets real boring to eat.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:54 PM   #12
OBLIGATED

Quote:
I've had the pleasure of eating some fresh Uni just after they unloaded the boat off the coast of CA. A VERY kind captain cracked open a few with his knife and fed us curious onlookers. GOOD stuff, especially fresh!
When I was a kid we had a family friend that was from Italy.We would go to the keys to camp and fish.The woman had the stomach of a goatSea urchin,sea cucumber,bait squid,bait shrimp it didnt matter she would cut it open and eat it on the cat walk.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:57 PM   #13
OBLIGATED

Talking about food and noticed that tapeworm is wrapped around a finished roll of toilet paper with a long ass black hair on it!LOLBreak out the wasabi!
Old 01-29-2018, 02:52 PM   #14
Aaron Proffitt+

Quote:
Hmmmm...that brings forth an unpleasant memory. I grew up eating mullet and yellow roe. i had me about 3 pair of breaded/fried dip in ketchup one dinner when i was in the 3 grade. The next day I went to squeak a silent one out and liquefied my drawers w/ oily residue. Slipped right out. The bathroom was attached to the classroom. After raising my hand and making that funny walk to the bathroom, I spent an inordinate amount of time in their cleaning my ass up. I can't remember if I flushed my drawers or put them in the garbage. Anywho, it was the walk of shame back to my seat.
I love that story
Aaron Proffitt+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:39 AM   #15
HARVESTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Proffitt+ View Post
I love that story
Allow me to present a "duck farm" story involving being hung-over, eggs and a one hour commute to work... Oh and running out of gas. Talk about tucking your pant-legs in for all wrong reasons...
HARVESTER is offline   Reply With Quote