Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic Area (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Week 16 (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=97743)

Ascendv6 12-24-2009 12:18 PM

Week 16

Chargers over Titans *
Falcons over Bills *
Bengals over Chiefs *
Browns over Raiders *
Packers over Seahawks *
Steelers over Ravens *
Dolphins over Texans MISS
Giants over Panthers MISS
Patriots over Jaguars *
Saints over Bucs MISS
Cardinals over Rams, hell I think Spearboard could put together a team that could beat the Rams! *
49er's over Lions *
Eagles over Broncos *
Colts over Jets MISS
Redskins over Cowboys. I think after last weeks embarrassing display, the 'skins will be out for revenge. I think the Cowboys are a better team, but I just can't root for them. MISS
Vikings over Bears. Yes it is still December, but Brett can pull this one off.

Chris Lupin 12-24-2009 03:05 PM

Re: Week 16

Raiders over browns
Ravens over steelers

Good pick on the redskins Darren, they have to come away with one upset win! And we always beat Dallas, because Dallas SUCKS!!!!

JustAddWater 12-24-2009 05:09 PM

Cowboys over Redskins. Not a Dallas fan, but they are playing for their playoff lives. Redskins lose all cred. after Monday's game. That "trick" play took the cake.
I'd like to see Ravens beat Steelers, but I took Pitt. on my card.

Ascendv6 12-24-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAddWater (Post 1113823)
Cowboys over Redskins. Not a Dallas fan, but they are playing for their playoff lives. Redskins lose all cred. after Monday's game. That "trick" play took the cake.
I'd like to see Ravens beat Steelers, but I took Pitt. on my card.

What's so amazing about that "trick" play is that they tried it twice! But still, I just can't ever root for the Cowboys.

JustAddWater 12-25-2009 12:49 PM

I have to ask- What's the story behind the Laguna boycott? I usually take an afternoon shore dive off of Shaw's Cove on our family trips to Disneyland. Is there a recent issue or stance the city has taken against divers or spearos?
Merry Christmas

Ascendv6 12-25-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAddWater (Post 1114115)
I have to ask- What's the story behind the Laguna boycott? I usually take an afternoon shore dive off of Shaw's Cove on our family trips to Disneyland. Is there a recent issue or stance the city has taken against divers or spearos?
Merry Christmas

The Laguna City Council with the lone exception of Mayor Boyd voted to close the entire length of Laguna to all fishing. They said they don't want us there, so I say they won't get any of my money.

Chris Lupin 12-25-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascendv6 (Post 1114149)
The Laguna City Council with the lone exception of Mayor Boyd voted to close the entire length of Laguna to all fishing. They said they don't want us there, so I say they won't get any of my money.

+1. They didn't seem to care that their businesses would be losing any money, so I don't care that they're not getting any of my hard earned money. If they don't want us there, I won't support their economy.

And its not just that they're ignorant and think a full Laguna ban will help marine life. They think that, but they also simply are anti-fishing. Many of the residents and council members spoke about the evils of fishermen and how they don't want fishermen on "their" beaches anymore.

Ascendv6 12-27-2009 11:49 PM

It was a bad week for my picks!

32Juan 12-28-2009 01:03 AM

But a great week for the Chargers. What a blowout! Woohoo!

kywestfreediver 12-29-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascendv6 (Post 1114997)
It was a bad week for my picks!

thats what happens when u pick/root against the cowboys:cowboy:

Go cowboys, beat them eagles!!

downdiver2 12-29-2009 04:56 PM

I actually watched games this week. Your threads gave me a reason :D

Hank49 12-29-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32Juan (Post 1115018)
But a great week for the Chargers. What a blowout! Woohoo!

Yeah, I thought the Chargers got pretty beat up by Cincinnati the week in week 15. They had a lot of guys on the ground during that game. What a come back. They may be the team to beat.

chasintail 12-29-2009 05:13 PM

The Saints got creamed.We are looking beat up with 3 of our defensive players out.We really need that by week for the first play off game.

Ascendv6 12-29-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kywestfreediver (Post 1115718)
thats what happens when u pick/root against the cowboys:cowboy:

Go cowboys, beat them eagles!!

COWBOYS SUCK!!!!! I don't care that they are a decent team. I don't care that they can play really well. THEY SUCK!!!! Let's Go Eagles!

:beer: