Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   All About Guns (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What are good replacement spears for the Cressi Geronimo Elite?...besides Cressi. (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=182132)

Mxgrogg 04-29-2015 05:00 PM

What are good replacement spears for the Cressi Geronimo Elite?...besides Cressi.

I just lost my first Geronimo Elite spear. Cressi is a beautiful gun, but the parts are pretty hard to get, so I was wondering if a Rob Allen, AB Biller or other noteworthy replacement spear would work well?

josephglaze 04-29-2015 06:01 PM

Re: What are good replacement spears for the Cressi Geronimo Elite?...besides Cressi.

hey MX I have a Cressi Geronimo that I use at the jetties and close rigs. Last year I bent my shaft and was in the market alot like you are now. Anyhow I went with Mako's spear. It works great for the gun but I will let you know I had to shave down the half moon so the spear would lock in. Hope this helps

theburb 04-29-2015 06:15 PM

Re: What are good replacement spears for the Cressi Geronimo Elite?...besides Cressi.

ra yes ab no

apexdiver 04-29-2015 06:45 PM

What size cressi?

MAKO Spearguns 04-29-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxgrogg (Post 2042192)
I just lost my first Geronimo Elite spear. Cressi is a beautiful gun, but the parts are pretty hard to get, so I was wondering if a Rob Allen, AB Biller or other noteworthy replacement spear would work well?

You will need a shaft with a euro notch. Our south african shafts are extremely strong and tough and will work with your gun.

http://www.makospearguns.com/Euro-Me...per-p/mnts.htm

http://cdn3.volusion.com/psrbn.xmcnq...jpg?1364486222

cellowithgills 04-30-2015 03:11 PM

I'm in a similar situation. I'm looking for a thread shaft to use with a slip tip on my Elite 105cm. I'm going with a Mako.

kwtony 04-30-2015 03:30 PM

Rob Allen shafts would work perfectly for your gun. You can get them from 6.6 to 7.5mm. Id personally stick with a 7mm or 9/32 spear with that gun

You can order them from freediveshop.com or roballendiving.com

Rob Allen also makes threaded shafts too sold on freediveshop web site!!!

Good luck.

Marco 04-30-2015 06:40 PM

I would get either a 6.6 mm RA or a 7 mm one size shorter. Otherwise, you'll end up unbalancing your gun and will become too nose heavy.

If your speargun is open muzzle, go with a sharkfins/pins shaft. If it is closed muzzle, you might need to change the wishbones since metal wishbones that come with european guns don't engage very well in South African notched shafts.

Keep in mind that you want to buy a shaft 40 cm longer than your nominal gun measure. 30 cm if you go with 7 mm.

Neptonic Systems 04-30-2015 10:16 PM

When it comes to shafts it's best to get it right the first time. Rob Allen's are renowned for being some of the best in the world. At around $40 it's an easy decision. :)

bluebacore 05-04-2015 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Go with the shark fin shafts change your muzzle to open if necessary. if you can get titanium or spring steel shaft. Stainless shafts bend with not to much effort from a large fish. They are pretty easy to get fairly straight again after being bent. Grooved shafts will snap at the grove when a big fish holes up or takes off between some rocks.

primalpete 05-04-2015 09:19 AM

I picked up a custom gun with a cressi comanche handle. Tried both a rob allen and a mako shaft. Only the mako shaft worked.

paolo 05-04-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxgrogg (Post 2042192)

What size gun is it? I know from experience that the mako shafts will fit, as well as any other european brand with a european trigger-mech (salvimar, picasso, etc). A friend of mine in houston put his up for sale a little while ago, i think he still has them. check out "geofri" and ask him

Marco 05-04-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebacore (Post 2042968)
Go with the shark fin shafts change your muzzle to open if necessary. if you can get titanium or spring steel shaft. Stainless shafts bend with not to much effort from a large fish. They are pretty easy to get fairly straight again after being bent. Grooved shafts will snap at the grove when a big fish holes up or takes off between some rocks.

Where do you get titanium shafts? Not that I'm buying one, but just curious.

bluebacore 05-05-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco (Post 2043007)
Where do you get titanium shafts? Not that I'm buying one, but just curious.

I get mine in here in Indonesia from several local gun builders. I believe the source is from South Africa and they may have come through Andre spear guns. Another friend tells me he gets them from Surabaya (east Java). I Have to buy 2 meter unfinished shafted and have cut to length and barb installed.Was sold when my friend slammed it into a anvil 8 times and the point was still as sharp as it was prior to said slamming afterwards. Worth every penny.

Ontogeny 05-16-2015 12:26 PM

I walked into Neptonics in SC and picked up a Rob Allen shaft for my Cressi Geronimo Elite. Love it.

Neptonic Systems 05-16-2015 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ontogeny (Post 2045678)
I walked into Neptonics in SC and picked up a Rob Allen shaft for my Cressi Geronimo Elite. Love it.

:gun: