Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

Gonna start up a bi-annual get together!

I'm a gonna figure out a date and then post up about the first semi-annual "Spear-A-Palooza and Cookout". It will mainly be directed at Yak Diver's, Shore Diver's and newbies. But ANYONE can attend. It might be a week or so before I get around to it - But I WILL make a plan. I've been working alot and have a bunch of jobs coming up - It's been hectic!

I bet We could get some spearfishing equipment manufacturer's to "donate" some stuff for a friendly competition! In Wisconsin a group I knew did a few get together's/competitions a year. It was surprising how much stuff was donated for such a small group. Spearguns, rash guards, booties, gloves, stringers, and so on. I bet we'd have MORE people show up here in Florida - Maybe even better donated prizes to give away!

We'll keep it PG-13 so anyone can get involved and so people won't look at us spearo's in a negative light - No fee's - Just bring some food and beverages of choice - And NO boozer's please!

Watch for the thread in about a week or so - I want to contact some peeps about donating gear! It would be nice to have someone who's completed some PFI or FIT classes to brief us on a few basic safety protocols - I would like the dive session part of the get together to be SAFE. So we WILL be diving in pairs, one up, one down.

Please post or PM me if you'd maybe attend or would be willing to donate stuff for the give-away/competition part of the get together.

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 06-01-2011 at 10:19 PM.
H2O ADDICTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

Re: Gonna start up a semi-annual get together!

Where will it
LunkerBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
CorySweatt

Send a message via Yahoo to CorySweatt

PM sent. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
CorySweatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
H2O ADDICTION
I care about YOU

It will be held at Fort Pierce's Pepper Park- North Lot/Gazebo. Probably early to mid July and again in January. Getting details together - Gazebo/picnic area reserved - Prizes, etc. This will be a FREE event, spearfish outing,and a cookout. I'll be asking people to bring some munchies/food, meat, etc, to share.

Last edited by H2O ADDICTION; 06-01-2011 at 10:18 PM.
H2O ADDICTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
blown93coupe

Sounds like a blast. I'm in
blown93coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #6
Alec

Re: Gonna start up a bi-annual get together!

How bout we just do a beach dive, no trash fish allowed then we cook it at the park? I'm in if you dont call it a spear a poluza hahaha
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote