Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #1
Arisaka99

Use of a RHIB

Hey guys, do ou think a rhib would be a good boat to get for just gOing around the bay area? I figured if I got one, I could zip out to the CBBT. Can the light tower be reached by zodiac? How far out is it? I was thinking of getting the Saturn 14ft because it will take up to a 30hp outboard. What do ou think, would it be a good choice, or not worth it?

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but hollow-points expand on impact.

MALFC Member
Arisaka99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
Diablo Loco

Re: Use of a RHIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post
Hey guys, do ou think a rhib would be a good boat to get for just gOing around the bay area? I figured if I got one, I could zip out to the CBBT. Can the light tower be reached by zodiac? How far out is it? I was thinking of getting the Saturn 14ft because it will take up to a 30hp outboard. What do ou think, would it be a good choice, or not worth it?
RIB's are better that inflatable bottoms. Smoother ride and faster. But they come with a higher price tag over the inflatable bottoms.

Monterey Bay Triton's
Dive Safety Officer

"They don't call me 'Diablo Loco' for nothing."
Diablo Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Arisaka99

Yeah, the saturns have the fiberglass hull and inflatable sides. That's the only kind id get.

MALFC Member
Old 09-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Putmeincoach
Nate

Send a message via Skype™ to Putmeincoach

You sure Saturn makes a fiberglass hull? I've only ever seen them with plywood/aluminum collapsible bottoms. Did a quick search out of curiosity and can't seem to find a Saturn w/ fiberglass hull.
Putmeincoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Calif_Diver

Quote:
Can you show me a link that shows the Saturn 14ft RIB? i have a 14 ft Saturn but it is not a RIB, and i didnt see a RIB on the website last time i looked Thanks
Calif_Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
jebsurf

Lets break this down.... Is it a good idea..?... NOPE! And just because it can be done..dont mean it should be done. I would hate to see you get hurt doing something because you are impatient. From what I have gathered you are very young(dont even have a drivers lic young). Be patient grasshopper and save your $ and when you get old enough to buy a truck you can buy a boat and go when you want. But until then catch rides with others and what not. Don't risk your life over some fish...... soon your balls will drop and you will find out what getting pussy is all about and you will say the hell with spear fishing for a while . After a while you will start to slow down again and pick the sport back up and by then you should be able to buy a boat. You will see...........................................ask me how I know lol
2000 excursion 7.3 diesel 4x4(current/tow truck)

If you ain't first your last!

Last edited by jebsurf; 09-02-2011 at 11:41 AM.
jebsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
bk393
Designated Diver

Send a message via Yahoo to bk393

harsh.

tact
(noun)
1. a keen sense of what to say or do to avoid giving offense; skill in dealing with difficult or delicate situations.
2. a keen sense of what is appropriate, tasteful, or aesthetically pleasing; taste; discrimination.

Last edited by bk393; 09-02-2011 at 09:53 AM.
bk393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:25 AM   #8
OXN939
Reagan Bush '84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsurf View Post
Don't risk your live over some fish...... soon your balls will drop and you will find out what getting pussy is all about and you will say the hell with spear fishing for a while . After a while you will start to slow down again and pick the sport back up and by then you should be able to buy a boat. You will see...........................................ask me how I know lol
Ahahahahahahaha
OXN939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Arisaka99

Well, I was just wondering, Ive tried to hitch rides and stuff, but people are always busy. I am now 16 and can get my drivers license in Nov. I am going to enlist in the coast guard when I graduate, so I won't really need a vehicle before then.

MALFC Member
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #10
jebsurf

Quote:
Well, I was just wondering, Ive tried to hitch rides and stuff, but people are always busy. I am now 16 and can get my drivers license in Nov. I am going to enlist in the coast guard when I graduate, so I won't really need a vehicle before then.
You are young dude and you are a major liability to anyone who takes you with them. You are a minor and that is a huge deal. Dont take it personal kid. You are on the right track with the uscg stuff
2000 excursion 7.3 diesel 4x4(current/tow truck)

If you ain't first your last!
jebsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
fishfan

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=128542

Feel free to contact me with any questions. I am selling mine as I have a bigger boat coming in. This was a Coast Guard boat and is more than capable of doing what you are looking for.

Hypalon tubes, 115 Yamaha motor and good on gas. Let me know if you're interested, I will work a good deal for you and if you're in VA can even have it delivered. Total weight of approx 1400lbs, I tow it with a minivan
Old 09-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #12
Arisaka99

Yeah, id love to get that boat, but I don't have 11k.... I'm hoping to get a job at the oceana waterpark, they pay 11$ an hour starting out, and without taxes, its 6800 for a whole summer. That is a really nice boat though.

Jeb, I plan to enlist right out of HS. I want to do illegal interdiction stuff in the gulf. If I don't do that, ill go in the navy and be a corpsman with the marines.

MALFC Member
Old 09-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #13
fishfan

No problem, I didn't know how old you were. Best of luck to you!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #14
Arisaka99

Yeah, and I was just told that I probably wouldn't be getting my license at 16 anyways. But on the upside, I got an awesome deal on a Henderson wetsuit and I got 3 scuba tanks, and a bc, all for 100$. I was ecstatic!!!

MALFC Member
Old 09-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #15
JDC 92
dirty water diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebsurf View Post
...... soon your balls will drop and you will find out what getting pussy is all about and you will say the hell with spear fishing for a while
nah man u just take a chick out in the boat with ya a few miles out dive for a while chum in some sharks and tell em put out or get out hahaha. most of my dives this summer have included stayin up late the night before gettin hammered and chasin tail then diving the next day either still drunk from the night before or hungover...we all know this sport is addicting and no amount of pussy is keepin me from shootin fish. fact, drunk girls love fried fish and dive stories (real or made up) make u sound way more badass than other guys at the party