Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 07-21-2020, 09:18 PM   #181
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Financial/Investments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
NAK. Crap...thinking about buying some more. I'm already in at average ~1.32. After hours are already pushing 2.05. BTW, there's some good info between all the shit stained pumpers/dumpers on the aforementioned site.
Silver has broke thru resistance...finally. My silver PM stocks have been going crazy. EXK blew a load today...wish I had more in it now. PAAS, SILV, AG, and SILEF (thinking about adding) are all on my watch list or already have it.
The PM market is blowing up. Quite a few reasons why. I hope I have the sense to sell at the right time...that's always been my downfall. I can pick the bottoms, the tops have always been more elusive.
Disclaimer: My stock trading hasn't enriched me satisfactorily...yet.
Here's a pump pieces on NAK. It contains valuable info in between the cheer leading. Ended up buying some more today. The volume today was off the chain.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #182
Marcus

Geesh...PM's are busting a nut. I got out of my NAK position with a good gain. It will probably shoot right back up now.
Got in TGB today near the low.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 07-28-2020, 11:26 AM   #183
OBLIGATED

Gold and silver go any higher I am going to sell.I like my coin collection but the profit margin is pretty tempting.
Wish I had bought more but when you are always on a budget its not easy.
My oldest son offered a few of his acres on a stream to build another log house.My body hurts just thinking about it.Upside is trout fishing and hunting again in my backyard and lots of sweat equity in the log cabin.Financially its a winner but after years of building and renovating I don't get too excited about building another house.
Getting old I guess.Went to the eye doctor for my first eye checkup ever and ended up with prescription glasses and over a grand lighter in the walletUpside was I bought a pair of Maui Jims I was always too cheap to buy for fishing.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:18 PM   #184
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
Gold and silver go any higher I am going to sell.I like my coin collection but the profit margin is pretty tempting.
Wish I had bought more but when you are always on a budget its not easy.

Don't be stupid. What you are seeing is not indicative of the future price of PM's going higher or lower. It is indicative of future worth of dollars. Just how many BTU's are there in a Benjamin? That is the real, inherent value of dollars. At some point, the market value must always reflect the real, inherent value.

Don't trade good money for bad, especially right now while they are working so hard to make the bad money worse.

The more the idiots in the white house, congress, and fed hand out free gazillions, the sooner the market for dollars arrives at the only logical endpoint. Notwithstanding the fact that there are huge deflationary risks right now.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:21 PM   #185
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Don't be stupid. What you are seeing is not indicative of the future price of PM's going higher or lower. It is indicative of future worth of dollars. Just how many BTU's are there in a Benjamin? That is the real, inherent value of dollars. At some point, the market value must always reflect the real, inherent value.

Don't trade good money for bad, especially right now while they are working so hard to make the bad money worse.

The more the idiots in the white house, congress, and fed hand out free gazillions, the sooner the market for dollars arrives at the only logical endpoint. Notwithstanding the fact that there are huge deflationary risks right now.
If things go real bad the Gold or Silver wont be worth anything if someones hungry.Lots of locals here barter and watch each others back.In Venezuela they are in a mess because nobody produced for so long.This whole area is farms for beef,chickens,hogs and produce.Lots of orchards and vineyards too.
My kid is setting up his property to do pigs and beef.Lots of deer,turkey,hogs and bears here to dine on too.I was thinking of doing a cabin in the back and lnvest in a night vision monocular on a helmet and IR laser for a rifle and more brass and lead.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:53 PM   #186
OBLIGATED

Gold over 2k an ounce and silver at 27 bucks an ounce
SUPPOSED to have a buyer for my Triton Bass boat this Saturday.Really wanted to fish this fall in it but for the right amount of cash its gone.Told my kid if the price is right the Harley can be sold too.
By this fall I should have nothing in my yard to move when I mow.Then the boys can do the siding,windows and concrete for the garage and patio without sweating to death.Im going to watch!
Old 08-08-2020, 08:44 AM   #187
Marcus

To Mepp's point....

Great article. Shit's about to get wild, yo.
Bullion Banks Have "No Way Out" From Big Gold Shorts
Old 08-09-2020, 11:45 AM   #188
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
To Mepp's point....

Great article. Shit's about to get wild, yo.
Bullion Banks Have "No Way Out" From Big Gold Shorts
If you check stock of silver or gold coins,rounds or bars at different bullion sites they have little in stock and want a very high premium for what they do have.
I bought in at a reasonable price but at the time was thinking about when gold was 600 an ounce and bitching about it.
My oldest boy is fixing and adding fence and gates to put some beef on the property.Probably going to buy a few head myself and take my hens and bee hives to his place.Food is as good as cash.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:54 AM   #189
Marcus

Pigstkr jinxed the PM market. I ended up adding PAAS and USAU on the dip though. The latter being the more exciting of the two in terms of returns.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:41 PM   #190
Marcus

2 hours ago

Just got through running these numbers and posting them on the previous gold article. Very apropos to this article.

This is how gold has performed against some popular world currencies since 2000.

Yen +603.69% 3rd (worse performing currency)

Dollar +573.94% 4th

Canadian dollar +516.50% 5th

Pound +734.85% 2nd

Swiss +285.78% 8th

Yuan +465.58% 7th

Euro +476.91% 6th

Ruble +1690.16% 1st

In comparison, the following stock markets have returned these percentages in the same 20 years:

US S&P +140.5%

Nikkei +14.4%

Hang Seng +62.4%

Dax +90.1%

FTSE -1.3%

KOSPI +158%

And for fun..........

Brazil (Bovespa) +516% Gold per oz = 10,946 Reals (+1910% since 2000)

Venezuela (IBVC) + 5,000% Gold per oz = 488 million Bolivars

Looks to me that our choices are somewhere between Japan and Venezuela. Either way, I'll keep my gold.
Old 08-17-2020, 10:11 AM   #191
Marcus

Good article
Silver Soars, Gold Retraces Over 50% Of Last Week's Plunge As Dollar Dumps
Old 08-17-2020, 08:57 PM   #192
North Star
Max

Quote:
Food is as good as cash.
Great wisdom in that statement. After all, what do you use cash for? To buy food. Just as well go to the head of the line and buy food before it starts to inflate. Storage and shelf life? You can easily get 25 years with the right packaging and storage options. You cannot eat gold or cash. And after all, eating is what it is all about in the end. Ask the people in Venezuela about that.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #193
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Star View Post
Great wisdom in that statement. After all, what do you use cash for? To buy food. Just as well go to the head of the line and buy food before it starts to inflate. Storage and shelf life? You can easily get 25 years with the right packaging and storage options. You cannot eat gold or cash. And after all, eating is what it is all about in the end. Ask the people in Venezuela about that.
When all the virus crap started and everybody was scrambling for toilet paper and food I was already stocked.Why is it that people cannot be responsible enough to stock up on things you use and will use everyday?Dont matter if you have Hurricane season or harsh winters.Its cheaper to buy in bulk and you don't have to go to the city as much.
Now that things are getting spicy now we have relatives wanting to move here .Im selling some guns I never shoot to fund my night vision and lasers for the ARs.I can hunt hogs at night when its cool and thin the coyotes down.Worst case Ill be using it to shoot livestock thieves.
Now that there are supplies in stores who stocked up for a few months?
I don't want to spend the money but we will probably have a Generator backup installed before winter.I have a small generator I used with the RV but slogging out in slushy snow or rain to dig out a generator sucks.Probably getting a separate deep freeze for meat too.
No debt at all except monthly expenses and several months food and other supplies is what my goal is to maintain.I just have to stay away from Harley Davidson,gun and Marine stores.The little pocket Trawler in the picture would be a nice escape pod.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prairie 29.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	245926  
Old 08-19-2020, 07:18 PM   #194
mepps1

Quote:
The little pocket Trawler in the picture would be a nice escape pod.
Which end goes forward?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:33 PM   #195
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Which end goes forward?
Probably wouldn't make much difference if it didn't have a full keel.Prairies and Atlantics have little 50 hp diesels.Cruise is around 8kts.They are slow and more for coastal cruising.Draft is 3ft so you could easily pull up behind an Island,off a beach or cove and jump out in chest deep water.
Slip space isn't bad because its 30 ft.