Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #16
Kraken
I am the sea

Re: GoPro3+ Issue

Yeah that mini hdmi cord should allow the Tv playback to be fine. You run into lagging issues on your computer if the graphics card can't keep up.

Spearheads Spearfishing Episodes!
http://www.youtube.com/spearheadstv
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:22 PM   #17
fljgilner

I gotcha that all makes sense. Thanks for all the input and I will try the mini HDMI and see if that's a problem solver for now and maybe look into new computer.
fljgilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #18
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljgilner View Post
I gotcha that all makes sense. Thanks for all the input and I will try the mini HDMI and see if that's a problem solver for now and maybe look into new computer.
Make sure you get MICRO HDMI, not "Mini". They both exist, and the hero 3+ uses Micro.

You want Micro HDMI to Standard HDMI, aka "Type A Full-Size to Type D Micro". You don't need any fancy cable features, just get the cheapest one.

This won't let you edit any smoother, but at least you'll be able to watch your videos realtime on the TV to see what you've got.

Oh, and you may want to try and get a long one, because last I checked, you couldn't use the remote or the mobile app to control playback on the GoPro. Last I used mine was in January, and I had to sit there by the TV pressing the buttons on the camera itself. Kind of annoying, since it would be super easy to add playback controls to the mobile app....
Tyson Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:33 AM   #19
fljgilner

I got the HDMI cable and it is smooth going. Editing is still horrible because my laptop's graphic card is out of date I guess. So gites I need to decide what to do for a computer now. Thanks again for all the help and information.
fljgilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:36 AM   #20
kwtony
Snorkel Master

I use a 2008 macbook and it edits without breaking a sweat...it does have a 500gb SSD in er tho

anyone that owns a computer...needs to make the jump to a SSD. Even if its just a 100gb, then add a second larger drive to store your files and stuff in...night and day difference
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:02 AM   #21
DAVUS

Ok... On my playback screen using the micro hdmi cable.. I can only play back the very last video I took... I can't get to the earlier videos I took in the day??? They are there when I plug the USB into the computer and I can watch them on quick time.. Any ideas on how to scroll to the earlier videos on the camera while plugged into the tv with hdmi?
DAVUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #22
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
....anyone that owns a computer...needs to make the jump to a SSD. Even if its just a 100gb, then add a second larger drive to store your files and stuff in...night and day difference
Yep

This is my favorite as of a couple months ago when I last looked. It's Amazon's favorite, too:

Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE250BW: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE250BW: Computers & Accessories
Old 06-27-2014, 09:34 AM   #23
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVUS View Post
Ok... On my playback screen using the micro hdmi cable.. I can only play back the very last video I took... I can't get to the earlier videos I took in the day??? They are there when I plug the USB into the computer and I can watch them on quick time.. Any ideas on how to scroll to the earlier videos on the camera while plugged into the tv with hdmi?
You'll have to break out the owner's manual. www.gopro.com I don't recall how to do it, but it involves pressing the buttons in various sequences.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #24
Tyson Brown
Mer*Man*. Mer-MAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljgilner View Post
I got the HDMI cable and it is smooth going. Editing is still horrible because my laptop's graphic card is out of date I guess. So gites I need to decide what to do for a computer now. Thanks again for all the help and information.
If you buy another computer, try to get one that has a processor that supports Intel Quick Sync. This is the current best way to dramatically speed up your video encoding. Most recent video editing programs have an option to enable encoding using Intel Quick Sync. You may have to manually turn the option on in the settings, though.

Support is dependent on the processor and on the video editing software.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #25
Reef Hunter

I'm still holding out for the gp4.should be out by xmas
Reef Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote