Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 03-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #16
drbotha

Re: Picking out a new rear handle gun

Two brands Rob Allen and Rabitech both top quality
drbotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:59 AM   #17
Snapper Mangler

Maybe I missed it but what size gun?
Aim rite king venom?
Snapper Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 PM   #18
armandozx

Doesn't seem like is gun related issue, Despite what phil may do the gun, the problem itself may be you. I can relate, perhaps I may be wrong on the matter but assuming you learned how to shoot/spearfish with a rob allen which offers a completely different shooting dynamics than a mid-handle, you cannot use the same aiming style.

I have a hard time adjusting to anything that's not a rear handle speargun the dynamics are completely thrown away, that's why I never wonder too far from the guns I feel comfortable shooting which tend to be open muzzle rear handle railguns.

I am experimenting with a pneumatic and the shooting has been poor and is not the gun, is me that's why I may suspect your gun may have nothing wrong with it.

The best thing you can do is either practice and get the hang of how to shoot that gun correctly, mostly aiming and feeling comfortable with it and or switch out the gun for something that suits your style. You will always feel comfortable with shooting any pipe/euro/rear handle type of gun it will mimic the rob allen experience.

Good luck.
armandozx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:21 AM   #19
blueopium

All those rear handle guns you mentioned are probably great. I have no experience with the Abellan,. I do have a few custom teak guns ( including a mid handle , I never quite sorted out). I have bleutec Nemissis . Also, a couple of my friends got Oceanborns in a couple of sizes . The jury is still out... My work horses are my Aimrites! Aimrite is a simple consistent fish killing tool that I can't deny . I don't think they get enough love on this forum . Don't get me wrong , bleutec is making some realy cool stuff. But my Aimrites Put up fish with no guess work. They are so solid too . Strait up tools of the trade if you get my drift. if you are a rear handle guy you'll get it done with these guns
blueopium is offline   Reply With Quote