Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 06-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #1
denverpierce2

Destin Spearfishing

Hello, all! I'll be heading to the Destin area for vacation late thus summer. I'm new to spearfishing and I'm hoping to spear my first fish while there. I will be free diving and in my kayak. I understand the laws- 100yds from the beach, piers, jettiess, etc. I am trying to see if anyone could give me the location of some good spots to spearfish. I know there was a thread about Destin but they basically discussed the jetties and their legality only. It's too much of a grey area so I wont be going there. Any semi-shallow wrecks or anything like that? I would really appreciate the help!
denverpierce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #2
dkay

Re: Destin Spearfishing

You will probably have better luck posting this in the Upper Gulf Coast section. We’re quite a ways from Destin. Good luck!
dkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
denverpierce2

Okay, thanks! Sorry for the mixup!
Old 06-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #4
smilinmatt
Matt Brueckner

Go to the myfwc website, and on the saltwater fishing page, there's an map of all the artificial reefs in the area. I know that have several in 20' that should be an easy paddle from a kayak.
smilinmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
denverpierce2

Thanks! That's a great resource!
Old 06-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #6
JetBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpierce2 View Post
Hello, all! I'll be heading to the Destin area for vacation late thus summer. I'm new to spearfishing and I'm hoping to spear my first fish while there. I will be free diving and in my kayak. I understand the laws- 100yds from the beach, piers, jettiess, etc. I am trying to see if anyone could give me the location of some good spots to spearfish. I know there was a thread about Destin but they basically discussed the jetties and their legality only. It's too much of a grey area so I wont be going there. Any semi-shallow wrecks or anything like that? I would really appreciate the help!
Contact Benthic Ocean Sports in Destin. Ask for John. He’s the inshore guru around Destin/Ft. Walton and a heck of a nice guy to boot!
JetBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:15 PM   #7
denverpierce2

I surely will, thanks!