Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 01-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #91
HappiSpear

Re: Palapas Ventana Flop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrasco View Post
Ok, forget the TV. Do you think that boats that don’t regularly break down is too much for a diver to ask for?

I guess you Frenchies are used to take it in the behind and smiling about it!

Every other nationality of consumer might take exception when feeling cheated but not you of course.
You expected a good trip and didn't get it, thats fair man its understandable why you would be upset. Your response to this guy is way over the top. In real life you're probably not a racist piece of shit, but here you sound like one
HappiSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 05:50 PM   #92
AJP
Reluctant User

This has gone on for too long now...Mr. Tim Hatler, you need to be accountable here...why are there no TVs in the rooms at your remote Baja resort?

Asking for a friend...
AJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:50 AM   #93
Timinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP View Post
This has gone on for too long now...Mr. Tim Hatler, you need to be accountable here...why are there no TVs in the rooms at your remote Baja resort?

Asking for a friend...
Here's let me answer, I've been there a few times. The rooms are just small little cabana's/huts. Very nice and clean inside, but very minimal and pretty small. There is no 'lounging' in your room. You go to the bar/restaurant/pool area with the view and goodies and chairs. That's where you relax, not in your room. There is absolutely no need for TV's in the room, there is wifi at the bar, good enough. Now, if my trip had been cut short because of multiple boat failures, I would ask for a partial refund.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:22 PM   #94
Trimbandit
discord and rhyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
Here's let me answer, I've been there a few times. The rooms are just small little cabana's/huts. Very nice and clean inside, but very minimal and pretty small. There is no 'lounging' in your room. You go to the bar/restaurant/pool area with the view and goodies and chairs. That's where you relax, not in your room. There is absolutely no need for TV's in the room, there is wifi at the bar, good enough. Now, if my trip had been cut short because of multiple boat failures, I would ask for a partial refund.
Whoosh
Old 02-05-2020, 01:02 AM   #95
carrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiSpear View Post
You expected a good trip and didn't get it, thats fair man its understandable why you would be upset. Your response to this guy is way over the top. In real life you're probably not a racist piece of shit, but here you sound like one
Oh crap, I never realized that the French constituted a race. At any rate, I don’t really even know the guy to be french- he may be Guatemalan, Nigerian, Cambodian or whatever. For what its worth, my apologies to the guy I implied was French for calling him “Frenchie” in any perceived derogatory form.
But for the record, I am not more or less racist that the average American and can be faulted for not being 100% politically correct sometimes!
What say you Bob, do you still have Popcorn?

No sea menso mijo, no sea menso!!!!!
carrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:42 AM   #96
Rich45

Thank you
Rich45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #97
Scotch

Breaking down two out of three days deserves a bigger refund than 10%.

Everyone knows it’s Mexico, and shit breaks. But giving a 10% refund for a boat breaking down two out of three days is pretty weak.

An easy solution to this problem would have been bigger refund or a largely discounted return trip. This operation sounds like it had a couple of rough days, but you have to keep your customers satisfied, or you get blown up on this forum and lose future business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 01:22 AM   #98
John Hughes
wsb....I'm over it!

I'm all for giving honest feedback on products and services. Truly.

With that being said, the longer this thread stays up the less respect I have for this board. I'm sorry to see this place continue to deteriorate.

Give the guy/resort a break already. One bad trip doesn't deserve the beating. I know too many people that have had great trips there and this is one of the ONLY bad experiences I've heard about. Shit happens. Shit happens in Baja more than any other place I've been to. Move on already and stop the madness.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. John 10:10
John Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #99
carrasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hughes View Post
I'm all for giving honest feedback on products and services. Truly.

With that being said, the longer this thread stays up the less respect I have for this board. I'm sorry to see this place continue to deteriorate.

Give the guy/resort a break already. One bad trip doesn't deserve the beating. I know too many people that have had great trips there and this is one of the ONLY bad experiences I've heard about. Shit happens. Shit happens in Baja more than any other place I've been to. Move on already and stop the madness.
Breaks my heart really!
First, in my opinion Spearboard is still a good place to post, buy gear and read up on many things.
2nd, the customer got squat in the way of a break, so no, the guy/resort gets no break from a shafted paying customer.
Last, You can always skip over posts you don’t like and you’ll be just fine- madness averted.

Old 06-01-2022, 03:56 PM   #100
R Beach805

Hey All didnt fully search the forms for other posts on PV. I normally run a trip or two for BFT in San Diego each year but am considering getting some friends together for a trip to PV. If anyone has been there and has some insight it would be greatly appreciated. I have been diving since 2011 but never push my self too hard. Have not had formal training and as such typically will not exceed 60ft. Would this be enough to have a good trip here or should I take a few actual classes to be more comfortable with deeper depths?
R Beach805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:53 AM   #101
carrasco

Ha!
You ask a question on a thread that way-more than answers ALL of your questions. Just read it!

Old 06-02-2022, 02:47 PM   #102
Bob Ballew

Mr. C....The halibut are in...and....I am out of popcorn....
Bob Ballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:51 PM   #103
Scuba Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ballew View Post
Mr. C....The halibut are in...and....I am out of popcorn....
Thanks Bob for the HEADS UP. I will definitely check my usual spots for any likely candidates to come home and join us for dinner!!

Watch "Dive Conditions 06-25-2022" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/TWHLiuXAL5U

Last edited by Scuba Fever; 06-26-2022 at 10:02 AM.
Scuba Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:33 PM   #104
nwagner91

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Beach805 View Post
Hey All didnt fully search the forms for other posts on PV. I normally run a trip or two for BFT in San Diego each year but am considering getting some friends together for a trip to PV. If anyone has been there and has some insight it would be greatly appreciated. I have been diving since 2011 but never push my self too hard. Have not had formal training and as such typically will not exceed 60ft. Would this be enough to have a good trip here or should I take a few actual classes to be more comfortable with deeper depths?
Hey RBeach thought I'd share a recent experience w/ Palapas Ventana. Also, nice to see another 805 guy on the forum.

We went down in mid may and stayed for 5 days, dove for 3 of those days.

They put on an excellent operation, we had no boat issues as described in this thread previously which makes me believe it's an outlier. The service was top notch and the food was dynamite. We're already planning another trip to go back.

I brought my partner with me who wasn't very experienced and she had a great time diving every day and shooting her first couple of fish down in Baja.

We got into Wahoo, marlin & plenty of reef fish. While being able to dive deep would help, if you can comfortably do 50ft free diving you'll have a great time and plenty of opportunities. I think it's a great option, especially if you're going down with a group that has varied ability. Fish availability will depend on time of the year.

Feel free to DM me if you want to catch up live.