Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
HumbleBeginner

Omer Socks and Gloves mm thickness*

Hey guys,

I just bought a new Omer Camu 3D 5mm suit. I'm stoked on it! I just need socks and gloves now. I looked online and Omer makes the matching Camu 3D socks and gloves, but only in 1.5mm thickness. I'm diving mostly out of Southern California...sometimes Monterey area as well. I'm just wondering if I should find gloves and socks that are 5mm and match the thickness of the suit, or if for feet and hands the 1.5mm will suffice and keep me warm. I thought it was weird that they made the matching camo gloves and socks, but not the matching thickness size. I did however see other socks and gloves in 5mm, but not in the matching camo color. Please let me know your thoughts and advice on this. Many thanks!!
HumbleBeginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:55 PM   #2
Carmelspearo

Re: Omer Socks and Gloves mm thickness*

I just bought the same suit in 7mm. Have you had a chance to dive in yours yet? I noticed the same thing with the gloves and socks so I am sticking my with my 3mm but i dive exclusively in central california
Carmelspearo is offline   Reply With Quote