Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
J&JC
200mi from the ocean

VMI Rat Mass Fundraiser

Hey Southern Atlantic Seaboard you have probably never seen any of my post before, I spend most of my time in in the Florida east coast section and the all about guns section. Any how I am originally from Palm Beach, Florida but now I am a rat at Virginia Military Institute. I am posting because the VMI rat mass is doing a push-up fundraiser for the Boot Campaign, a charity to help wounded veterans, it is super easy to donate just go to the link at the bottom. If you want to donate that would be awesome just let me know how much you are planning to give (through spearboard or email mertenja16@vmi.edu ) and then go ahead to the website and donate. Whether you are a Citadel guy, Keydet, or never heard of either it is a small sacrifice to help those who have sacrificed so much for us. All donations must be in on the day of the contest, November 29. Our goal is to reach $20,130 by that time so every penny counts.
Thanks so much
Rat Merten

http://www.crowdrise.com/freshmanclassproject/
J&JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
Mahi Maniac

Re: VMI Rat Mass Fundraiser

As your Brother Rat and fellow participant I would also strongly encourage people to make a small donation. I know at least half the divers and spearfishermen I've been in the water with have served. That being said, I find it appropriate to ask those in this community to help.

Things I might add.

We will be doing as many pushups as we can in 2 minutes. All 430+ of us. I will be doing at least 60 and probably well beyond that and I know BR Mertin will be doing much more. If you donate a minimum of 10 cents per pushup that's essentially pocket change that will be going to a good cause.

And John...TIGER ECHO!!!!
Mahi Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote