Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #1
eQuipMatt

Orlando area Divers?

Finally got myself settled into the new job and living quarters in the Winter Park area. I moved up here from Palm Beach and still travel there to dive but would like to find people looking another diver(tanks) around this area. I've heard rumor about the fish and lobster in the Central East area and need to find out. Willing share expenses, help clean the boat... I know its a long run off shore here but I hear the ride is worth it.
I'll even take suggestions on a six pack type charter if they even run them up here??? Not a fan of cattle boats as they usually aren't spear friendly

Thanks in advance!
eQuipMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:11 PM   #2
dalite

Re: Orlando area Divers?

I dive springs around here when I get bored and head out on my buddies boat when invited, if your ever looking for a dive buddy. Pm me. Not sure of the charters. There's one out of NSB but it's like $110 for 2tank dive
dalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:40 PM   #3
Captrandy
Bad Fish Must Die!

We took Matt out last week and everyone made it back alive. He's not much to look at, but is a competent and safe diver who was running my boat solo on the last drop. Good guy to have on board.
Captrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #4
TheMackDaddy
hoos your daddy?

winter parks a really nice place to live. I miss it. lived up there from 2014-2015. Never did any diving because I couldn't find anyone to take me out. But great bass fishing and just an all around nice place to live.
TheMackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
GatorNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captrandy View Post
We took Matt out last week and everyone made it back alive. He's not much to look at, but is a competent and safe diver who was running my boat solo on the last drop. Good guy to have on board.
Matt's a fine guy. I speared with him during a tournament a couple of years ago. He ran the boat a great deal of the time and he's an excellent diver.
GatorNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:05 PM   #6
eQuipMatt

Thanks for the kind words Gatornative and the truthful shots Capt Randy. I was a pleasure diving past and present. Looking forward to more opportunity to hit the bottom again!
eQuipMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #7
seadogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalite View Post
I dive springs around here when I get bored and head out on my buddies boat when invited, if your ever looking for a dive buddy. Pm me. Not sure of the charters. There's one out of NSB but it's like $110 for 2tank dive
We are SEADOGS dive center, New Smyrna Bch. 2 tank wreck dive, all your gear....99.00 includes snacks / water. www.seadogdiver.com

JESUS SAID...."Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day.....Teach a man to spear & he will eat for a life time or until SAFMC shuts everything down " or something like that.
seadogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:33 PM   #8
Djdalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadogger View Post
We are SEADOGS dive center, New Smyrna Bch. 2 tank wreck dive, all your gear....99.00 includes snacks / water. www.seadogdiver.com
your website says different, what if you have all your own gear?
Djdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #9
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Matt, run dive trips out of Fort pierce just about every weekend and weekdays to. Give me a ring whenever you wanna go out. Www.treasurecoastcharters.com
steve-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:09 PM   #10
K*1

By the looks of this thread the area primarily holds ship wreck bubble divers? Is there any freediving blue water spearos around? I'm a Hawaii spearo, just moved to the keys and driving up to Orlando to visit. Would be cool to meet new divers and hunt/dive the area. I'm a licensed captain, PFI cetified & safe.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by K*1 View Post
By the looks of this thread the area primarily holds ship wreck bubble divers? Is there any freediving blue water spearos around? I'm a Hawaii spearo, just moved to the keys and driving up to Orlando to visit. Would be cool to meet new divers and hunt/dive the area. I'm a licensed captain, PFI cetified & safe.
I also run freediving trips!!! Www.treasurecoastcharters.com
Old 10-21-2015, 11:08 AM   #12
steve-oh
Treasure Coast Charters

Generally I do trips from 50-90ft. Every so often I'll do blue water trips, but its a good run and usually a whole day trip
Old 10-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #13
dalite

Problem with cape diving is you usually have to go out 8-20 miles to hit any kind of good water so mostly your gonna find bubble charters or divers
dalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:44 PM   #14
K*1

Anyone goin out this weekend? I'm driving up Fri and thinking bout bringing my gear.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #15
Kprunyi1
Kevin P

steve-OH knows his stuff and the couple times I've been with him we were on the fish. Not a bad drive down either.
Kprunyi1 is offline   Reply With Quote