Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Recipe Corner > Recipes Here!

Recipes Here! Here's your little corner to demonstrate your culinary skills.

Old 12-23-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
OBLIGATED

Prime Rib

Local store had Prime Rib on sale for $4.99 a pound.I bought several 5 pound packs and a big 12 pounder.

Anyway I soften around 1 stick of REAL BUTTER and add minced garlic with juice,about 4 tablespoons of Montreal steak rub,about 2 tablespoons of Montreal brown sugar bourbon rub into a bowl and spread over a dried roast until its covered in the mixture.
Oven is Preheated to 500
Bake at 500 for 30 min.
Bake at 350 for 15 min. for each pound. (I like it on the rare side so I cook about 10 minutes to a pound.)
Take out of oven and cover with foil for about 1/2 hour
Drippings from the roast are added to some beef broth.
Could not get fresh horseradish ground so I bought Boarshead brand.Its actually pretty good but not scorch the back of your eyeballs good.

Boiled jumbo shrimp go real good with Prime Rib.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Re: Prime Rib

If you do you’re homework Sous Vide is an amazing method for a wide variety of meats like this and requires a lot less work. I have yet to find a better method for prime rib as well as venison, elk and moose. The long, slow cook breaks down all the connective tissues without out overcooking.

The guy in this video cooks on 137 degrees but 134 is a nice rare. The neat thing is that adding time to the cook only makes for more tender meat that is still rare.

If you like smoked meat it is even better. Warm smoke a brisket for an hour or two then sous vide for 10 hours at 138 to 140. Finish on a hot grill to set the bark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3wryUet1I
Old 12-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #3
OBLIGATED

One of my BiLs does the sous vide.Im going to have to give him a Prime rib to cook.I usually do the cooking.Be nice to kick back and just drink and smoke a cigar.
Buddy got the same deal on the Prime Rib at 4.99.He did the Beef and I brought #4 of jumbo shrimp for shrimp cocktails Christmas night.Good thing I got some weight off before the holidays.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:38 PM   #4
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
One of my BiLs does the sous vide.Im going to have to give him a Prime rib to cook.I usually do the cooking.Be nice to kick back and just drink and smoke a cigar.
Buddy got the same deal on the Prime Rib at 4.99.He did the Beef and I brought #4 of jumbo shrimp for shrimp cocktails Christmas night.Good thing I got some weight off before the holidays.
Speaking of shrimpskies, that crap in the store is horrible compared to some fresh bay shrimp. I won't eat it.
You guys ever buy/cook some jumbos from the bait house?
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 11:40 PM   #5
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Speaking of shrimpskies, that crap in the store is horrible compared to some fresh bay shrimp. I won't eat it.
You guys ever buy/cook some jumbos from the bait house?
When I lived in Floriduh I would dip them in Biscayne Bay in the winter.Also had a square PVC frame with net I would put behind the boat.We have caught some that were the size of baby lobsters.Right behind Miami Herald building.
I get jumbos from the Sushi restaurant here.Im pretty sure they are farm raised but they taste great and look great too.At 6 bucks a pound its a great deal to me.I usually grab 4-5 4 pound boxes.I prefer shrimp to lobster.
They have a Hibachi grill special of Filet mignon,shrimp,scallops with fried rice and vegetable for 45 bucks a couple.You will leave FULL and not broke.