Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 06-17-2021, 01:45 AM   #1
Otolithco

Baja Trip Tips

In the next few weeks I'm heading down Baja in my campervan for a month or two. 2WD. Scupper Pro on top.
I have done a couple spearing trips down there but haven't really scratched the surface as far as exploring. That being said, I'm aware of a dozen or so general areas that can be good spearing.
Any info would be helpful but especially connections with other divers as it looks I will be doing a good chunk of the trip solo. Any tips on places to camp? Connections with pangueros?

Otolithco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
divenfish

Re: Baja Trip Tips

You may want to PM Rene Potvin, he spent a few month down in Baja earlier this year.
http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=200945

On the Pacific side, round Bahia Asuncion you can camp at El Roque. There is a small fishcamp there in a protected cove, where you can launch you kayak if the swell is up.
Pangeros are quite friendly and you should be able to hire a panga there, however there are many great spots accessible by kayak. There is an Inn/Hotel north/west of town on a bluff run by Shari and Juan Arce. Shari is a Canadian, Juan is a local who dives and fishes, and at some point him and his brother had a panga charter operation.
Good luck and please report back on your adventures.
divenfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:47 PM   #3
mwm

Try Thomas Arce in Bahia Tortugas / Pta Eugenia. He runs spearo panga trips
mwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:12 PM   #4
Otolithco

Great thank you both
Otolithco is offline   Reply With Quote