Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #31
maguimaraes
Marcelo

Re: Speargun Advice. All opinions welcome

Ok, you're starting to creep me out!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #32
CaptainLeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan kills View Post
I'll beat you and Mark in a sword fight!
He will. Ethan tells me about all of the practice he gets when he's out diving with his friends on their boats.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #33
Behslayer

[quote=Ethan kills;1860069]
I have seen personally about 3 ulusubs that were under weighted. I'm not trying to dog them out, they are definitely nice guns and I understand it is probably hard to get EVERY single one right.

Ethan, please ask these three owners to contact me. I make each gun to the best of my ability and knowledge at the time. I tie each wishbone, set each mech, tune each flopper, balance each gun, etc. with my own hands. Sometimes I do make mistakes. But, I learn from them and don't repeat them.

I have had a few customers complain about the ballasting of a gun being off. (Out of hundreds of guns) It's not 100% straightforward ballasting a gun.. you have many considerations. What works for a 110 or 130 can be way off for a 165. But anytime I've been contacted about a balance being off, I've been able to fix the issue one way or another.

I love to receive photos every day of friends/customers who have just taken a prize telling me about how great the gun is. But what is most important and appreciated is when a customer sends me an email and says 'hey, I'm wondering about the balancing, or etc..' because that brings something that might be wrong in my manufacturing to my attention so I can investigate and see if there is something I need to change. I will contact the owner, find out what is going on, do my best to understand the situation, and advise either exactly how they can address the issue (I'm good with drawing) or ask them to drop the gun in a tube and send it over to me and I'll repair and send it back. But if I don't hear anything..

If you have an Ulusub and have any questions about anything to do with the gun, send me an email. I'm right here in the USA. I'm in the workshop 6 days a week. I build guns from scratch, so I can fix anything. I have a Salt Water Ballast tank here in the workshop, milling machine, etc...

In this case, if the guns were underweighted, that sucks. Having an underweighted gun is no fun, but at the same time, it only takes some lead, some epoxy, and 20 minutes to ballast a gun to a customers requested balance.

I make the best guns I can given my knowledge at the time. My knowledge base is always increasing and I'm always learning and improving. Sometimes I make mistakes. But all you need to do is shoot me an email and I can address any issue with an Ulusub Speargun.

To the Original Poster.

I've got a few guns readying for shipping which would be a match.

150cm Mid Handles
3 Bands
Reel spooled with Dyneema
threaded or flopper shaft
Open or Enclosed Track

I'll take some pics today at the workshop. They are pretty sweet looking guns. They're built from aged Teak which I sourced from some Beams and Trusses. I would suggest an Ulusub 150MH. I've been working on this batch all week. They are particularly nice with an Epoxy/Rubbed Wax finish.

Thanks,
info@ulusub.com
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #34
scottyboy679

[quote=Behslayer;1862131]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan kills View Post
I have seen personally about 3 ulusubs that were under weighted. I'm not trying to dog them out, they are definitely nice guns and I understand it is probably hard to get EVERY single one right.

Ethan, please ask these three owners to contact me. I make each gun to the best of my ability and knowledge at the time. I tie each wishbone, set each mech, tune each flopper, balance each gun, etc. with my own hands. Sometimes I do make mistakes. But, I learn from them and don't repeat them.

I have had a few customers complain about the ballasting of a gun being off. (Out of hundreds of guns) It's not 100% straightforward ballasting a gun.. you have many considerations. What works for a 110 or 130 can be way off for a 165. But anytime I've been contacted about a balance being off, I've been able to fix the issue one way or another.

I love to receive photos every day of friends/customers who have just taken a prize telling me about how great the gun is. But what is most important and appreciated is when a customer sends me an email and says 'hey, I'm wondering about the balancing, or etc..' because that brings something that might be wrong in my manufacturing to my attention so I can investigate and see if there is something I need to change. I will contact the owner, find out what is going on, do my best to understand the situation, and advise either exactly how they can address the issue (I'm good with drawing) or ask them to drop the gun in a tube and send it over to me and I'll repair and send it back. But if I don't hear anything..

If you have an Ulusub and have any questions about anything to do with the gun, send me an email. I'm right here in the USA. I'm in the workshop 6 days a week. I build guns from scratch, so I can fix anything. I have a Salt Water Ballast tank here in the workshop, milling machine, etc...

In this case, if the guns were underweighted, that sucks. Having an underweighted gun is no fun, but at the same time, it only takes some lead, some epoxy, and 20 minutes to ballast a gun to a customers requested balance.

I make the best guns I can given my knowledge at the time. My knowledge base is always increasing and I'm always learning and improving. Sometimes I make mistakes. But all you need to do is shoot me an email and I can address any issue with an Ulusub Speargun.

To the Original Poster.

I've got a few guns readying for shipping which would be a match.

150cm Mid Handles
3 Bands
Reel spooled with Dyneema
threaded or flopper shaft
Open or Enclosed Track

I'll take some pics today at the workshop. They are pretty sweet looking guns. They're built from aged Teak which I sourced from some Beams and Trusses. I would suggest an Ulusub 150MH. I've been working on this batch all week. They are particularly nice with an Epoxy/Rubbed Wax finish.

Thanks,
info@ulusub.com
What is the going rate for this gun?
scottyboy679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #35
Behslayer

$800 shipped
-150MH
-Threaded or Flopper shaft
-All rigging
-3 Bands
-60yd Reel including Dyneema line
i.e. ready to shoot.

A few photos from the workshop this morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ulusub80.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	194132   Click image for larger version

Name:	ulusub82.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	194134  
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #36
scottyboy679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
$800 shipped
-150MH
-Threaded or Flopper shaft
-All rigging
-3 Bands
-60yd Reel including Dyneema line
i.e. ready to shoot.

A few photos from the workshop this morning.
Those things look beautiful, if only I had the funds for one...

Maybe in the future I will own one of these beauts!

Thanks for the info
scottyboy679 is offline   Reply With Quote