Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Pole Spears & Slings

All About Pole Spears & Slings What is it about that traditional method of the early hunter/gatherers under the water? These devices are indeed interesting and effective.

Old 06-25-2018, 11:30 PM   #1
Manny_aus

Evolve or Gatku

Hello from Australia,

I'm looking at a new spear and just after some opinions on the 9ft Evolve Carbon breakdown or the 9 or 10ft Gatku. Main use will be for pelagics like yellow tail kingfish and if I make it up the coast maybe for some Spotted or Spanish Mackerel.

Cheers
Manny_aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 07:44 AM   #2
captain.ed

Re: Evolve or Gatku

I've got the 8'er from Gat-ku and really like it. It tracks well and penetrates even better. I use the cable sliptip on the business end. Make sure you get the G string...I load it at the surface and take it off the rest at depth; helps to minimize movement. The decease in pressure on your hand makes a big difference over the course of the day.

Ed M.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
Manny_aus

Re: Evolve or Gatku

Thanks for the info. I got the G-string on my riffe spear, definitely worth it. I was thinking to just buy longer pieces for the riffe but it pretty much ends to be the same cost as buying a new one.
Manny_aus is offline   Reply With Quote