Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Old 07-02-2004, 11:15 AM   #16
Screen Name
Bubble Pack Junkie

LET ME SEE HERE...........

Making metal stampings............?

Or hunting 80lb Carbos and Cuberas.............?

Which would I rather have done this week?

Congrats guys...........
Screen Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #17
zds3488

aaaaahhhhhhh....dont kill em all!!!!! I want to shoot one too.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #18
Mobile Diver

Helluva a bunch of fish. Helluva trip. As usual.
305 849 0866
Mobile Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:51 PM   #19
Thunderball
Licensed to Kill

Great photos guys. Makes me want to leave work right now and swim out to the MG to shoot fish.

We have noticed the same crappy water conditions inshore off Fort Myers Beach (30nm). Murky water makes for better stealth though! Maybe we should call the Department of Homeland Security...
Old 07-02-2004, 02:31 PM   #20
kmoose
Team Headhunter

"Square Tail Tales"

As usual, Headhunter put us on the “square tails” for 3 solid days despite the unpredictability of the Grounds this time of year. It amazes me how fickle the MGs can be….one dive on the most beautiful bottom is a Bone, where you’re happy to bag a 4 lb. bitch hog, to a ¼ mile away and your busier than a one legged man in an asskicking contest trying to figure out which trophy fish to shoot first. So many stories to be told from 3 days of madness………First let us address the distressing loss of my kill stick….Yes I lost my gun! After 10 years of faithful service Daddy Neptune took her away from me……..It all started as Bucket One and Simply Scuba arose with an 80 lb Carbo. Bucket told us that there was another carbo and some more fish down there and that he had hardly moved from the place where he took that monster. With little prompting Headhunter, Spear ten, and myself headed down for some mop up work. As I lumbered around this unfamiliar reef, Headhunter and Spear Ten cruised directly toward the sweet spot up the reef. I saw them together leaving me in the dust, so I engaged the “Moose Drive “ and perused at Moose factor 4. As I rounded the corner I found both of them taking turns sticking their head into a hole in the side of the reef. I was watching to see what would develop when a nice bitch hog rolled in from the deep just before the next bend. I launch a successful spear #1. I coasted down to string the hog and noticed just up ahead a nice fat gag staring at me from the edge. Fire 2!.....Stuck him hard in the back of the head and left the hog behind so that I could properly close on the gag. I grabbed the shaft and it pulled out to my surprise and the gag flipped into a large crack to my left. Immediately I reloaded with shaft #3, noticing that the barb of #2 was missing I set it at the edge of the crack. 2 foot down in the crack the gag lay sideways panting, and just when I was about to land the final blow I noticed something…………..A faint pattern began to emerge from under the gag deep in the crack. The distinct broken chocolate splotches could only be………….THE BACK OF A BIG CARBO!!!!! In that spit second, heart rate and breathing triple as you enter full carbo mode! With one good shaft left in the gun I centered on the sweet spot on the back of the black. CRUNCH! I could tell by the sound that #3 hit pay dirt on the carbo underneath. Now the focus was to set to the extraction of both carbo and gag. Headhunter came over to assist and tried to keep both fish together but in a frantic moment I went to the bottom of the crack and snatched the stoned carbo by the tail and unintentionally freed the gag to disappear in the stirred crevasse. Danny and I strung the 48 lb black and he asked through his reg “Where’s your gun!?!..........After a search for 30 minutes the salute to lost arms was given and I spent the rest of the trip morning the loss of a trusted and true friend… The last fish she took was a carbo….A noble final act.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:48 PM   #21
WreckDiver
Memeber What?

What a way to go though
WreckDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:03 PM   #22
Larry-Miami
Extreme Diver

Send a message via Yahoo to Larry-Miami
Condolences!

My deepest sympathies go to KMoose and his family for his lost friend. Take comfort in knowing that she rest in a place that is close to all our hearts.
Larry-Miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:22 PM   #23
freediver74

Damn!
Those are some big fish for a single band.
Nice shooting guys.
freediver74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 04:22 PM   #24
SLAYER
sir-slay-alot

i got a perfect gun sitting here at my house waiting for you and it is all yours
Old 07-02-2004, 05:10 PM   #25
fishnfool13

I am going to have to relocate . I am too far from the action .
Old 07-02-2004, 05:26 PM   #26
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally posted by SLAYER
i got a perfect gun sitting here at my house waiting for you and it is all yours
That is to funny, cause I was just gonna ask you about that!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:25 PM   #27
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Allright, I'll say it! You guys are making me feel like such an F'ing cone with these pics! I guess it's all relative. Given the opportunity, I have no doubt in my abilities to subdue such nice trophies. But, good god! Nice F'ing fish!
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:06 PM   #28
Drop Zone

HEADHUNTERS

Absolute perfection, you guys are spear animals when does team Headhunter get in spearfishing magazine ?Where do you call to book a trip ? Keep posting the trips so some of us can live vicariously through the HEADHUNTERS !
Drop Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 08:35 PM   #29
Don B

Lord God, I got wood. Looking at those Pics have got me, pumpped. after this last weekend with hard time finding fish in the MG. Those give me hope for my Aug. trip. Killer fish guys.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:33 PM   #30
DISKSKO

Hey, how deep were you guys???

Very nice pics, I'm so jealous!

www.spearfishingtravel.com

----------------------------------
Spots that are listed (or will be) on SpearfishingTravel.com: S. Africa, Madagascar, Morocco, Egypt - Thailand, Bali, Saipan, India - Australia, Coral Sea, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tahiti - Mexico, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Barbados, Panama, Belize, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Peru, Ecuador, Brasil...Hawaii, Florida, Luisiana, New Jersey, California, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, N.Carolina - Spain, Norway, Turkey.

Ben.
DISKSKO is offline   Reply With Quote