Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #16
fineout

Re: Martha's Vineyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisurfer49 View Post
awesome, pretty good location. the wind farms are a very frustrating and tedious thing. we could power the entire nation via wind if we used it to the fullest but the main thing is getting the locations approved.
Not really true, the countries that use wind power the most still get under 10% of their energy need from it.

As far as seabass in MV, I've never heard of it being different there than regular mass, but I've never dove there, just R&R.
fineout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
lisurfer49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fineout View Post
Not really true, the countries that use wind power the most still get under 10% of their energy need from it.
i should note that 100% would be based if we used our countries wind power to its absolute fullest. not sure if thats practical or possible, would obviously take awhile to do and cost alot of money (though its debatable that this money would be made back over time thanks to less funds going towards power). even the countries that are using it arent quite using it to its fullest extent. this would mean alot more wind farms and larger ones.
lisurfer49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #18
Fatvod

Down by menemsha is where ive had luck with tautog. If you go down to menemsha beach then walk along the beach to the right all the way until you hit a little cove kinda place that is where I normally go. Watch the guy who lives on top of the little cliff behind you though, he yells at people a lot.
Fatvod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
jackpine savage
Kill your food

Seems like the Vineyard is full of people who yell at you for walking on the beach.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #20
Fatvod

This is true. They think its like ruining the sanctity of their island or something. I carry around in my wallet a sticky that has the MA law that pertains to the legalities of fishing. They cant do a thing about it if you are in ocean waters. Nobody can own ocean property so aslong as you are off the beach then they are free to complain all they want. But I prefer to be courteous either way.
Fatvod is offline   Reply With Quote