Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
sinko562

New to spearfishing looking for equipment

hey how are you guys doing like i said im new to spearfishing my cousin is the spearfisher in the family and after 2 years has conviced me to give it a try he has a gun for me to use but told me i need

wetsuit
mask
snorkel
fins
weight belt
knife

as far as wet suit goes im not sure what size i am im 5'6-5'7 i weight 240lbs (but im not fat i have a size 38 waist think of me as one of those gym rats who love weight lifting but cant stick to a diet)

and foot size i guess i average 9.5 (really depends what shoe brand i got on nike im 9.0 fila 9.5 adidas 9.5 converse chucks 10 vans 10 dc 9.5

ideal budget $150 but honestly i understand if it price reaches over $200 ive seen wetsuit by selfs in "members items" section reaching $400 alone but like i said im really giving this sport a chance hopefully you can understand why im not really looking to spend $200-$1000 just to try something out but if you have some of these items for sell please let me know thank you!
sinko562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
yeskaa
Jess

Re: New to spearfishing looking for equipment

if your only wanting to ''try'' the sport just get cheap duckfeet mask and snorkle. use a pocket knife. even look at thrift stores and swapmeets youll prob even find a old surf wet suit under 20 buks. thats how i did it. ... youll eventually come around and drop cash for the good stuff. it makes diving so much better with proper gear you dont even know. i was told that a few times and didnt take much thought to it. its true.
yeskaa is offline   Reply With Quote